We are currently offering only “Off-Marketplace” coverage for qualified Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance coverage. It is purchased directly through an agent and the insurance carrier and not through Healthcare.gov. Many people that have an income too high to qualify for a tax credit subsidy choose to purchase coverage off-marketplace through an agent. Only if your income is in a bracket that makes you eligible for a tax credit subsidy would you need to purchase coverage on healthcare.gov. The open enrollment for 2019 coverage begins November 1, 2018 and runs to December 15, 2018.
Situations that may make you eligible to purchase ACA/Obamacare coverage through a special enrollment period are if you or a family member had any of these life events;
- lost health insurance within the past 60 days or expect to lose coverage in the next 60 days. This does not mean coverage lapsed due to non-payment of premium,
- got married
- had a baby
- adopted a child or had a child placed with you for foster care
- got divorced and lost health insurance
- moved outside your health plans coverage area
- had a change in income
- gained citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S.
- released from incarceration (jail or prison)
- are a member of a federally recognized tribe or an Alaska Native corporation shareholder.
Other Health Insurance Options
If you missed the annual open enrollment to sign up for health insurance and also don’t qualify for a special enrollment period you may be able to purchase a Short-Term health insurance plan to provide you coverage until the next open enrollment period in the fall. Short-term coverage however will not be considered eligible coverage to avoid paying the tax penalty for not having ACA/Obamacare health insurance. For a quote on Short-Term health insurance please contact us.
We are Medicare Certified so we can also help you with your Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement needs. For a quote just call us at (407) 601-1835 or click on “Contact Us” button below to send us a quote request by e-mail.Contact Us
International Travel Insurance
For a quote and to apply for coverage on International Travel Insurance click here:Get a Quote
International Health Coverage for business individuals taking multiple trips throughout the year
For a quote and to apply for this coverage click here:Get a Quote